Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do we charge extra for hot tub?
- Are pets welcomed?
- Is wood provided for stoves?
- Are towels and linen provided?
- What is the security bond for?
- What deposit do I need to pay?
1. Why do we charge extra for the hot tub? We have the hot tubs checked daily to make sure chemicals are at the right levels. We don’t make it compulsory to have the hot tub and increase our rents as some guest choose not to use them which is why they are an optional extra.
2. Are pets welcomed? Yes pets are welcomed at all out cottages, there is a small charge and we do have certain rules for pets which you can see here.
5. What is the security bond for? We only introduced the security bond in 2012 as guests in the past had damaged furniture and did not tell us. Also we have had certain cases where guests turn on the heating full, open the windows then go out! Since we have introduced the bond fuel usage has dropped and damage reduced. We will only charge for “excessive” usage and not “normal” usage. We know that the colder months mean you may use more fuel, however we do discount those weeks from the normal high season weeks to compensate. The bond is £150 per booking however for single sex groups we may ask for a £50pp bond.