Mountain View Lodge
- Sleeps 10 – Low occupancy discounts available
- Short breaks available Mon – Fri or Fri to Mon
- Hot tub
- Pool table
- Sky TV
- Pets welcome – enclosed garden
- Located Insh – near Aviemore
- 5 Star rating review on Tripadvisor
Mountain View Lodge is the 6th property to join us, and what a destination with the most spectacular views down over the glen, the Spey River and tree lined hills beyond
It has everything you would want from a luxury holiday home and exceptionally a whole lot more!
It’s located 1 mile from Insh Village and 4 miles from Loch Insh, where there’s sailing, canoeing everything for the water sport enthusiast.
Kingussie with its shops and places to eat is only 5 miles and Aviemore is 12 miles away. The Cairngorm Mountain Ski Resort is just 19 miles away so there is loads of things to do and see close by.
The Grand sprawling ‘Cottage’ has been furnished to a very high standard with fantastic views all round. The lodge can sleep up to 10 but this would really be for families, it can comfortably sleep 6.
Check live availability, remember to put how many guests
If Mountain View is booked for the dates you want then check out our other great property next door Kirkstone Lodge
Rates based on 10 sharing
|Mountain View Lodge 2017||*7 Days||*Fri to Mon||*Mon to Fri|
|6th Jan to 9th Feb||£1,199||£799||£899|
|10th Feb to 23rd Feb||£1,799||£1,169||£1,349|
|24th Feb to 30th Mar||£1,429||£928||£1,071|
|31st Mar to 20th Apr||£1,799||£1,169||£1,349|
|21st Apr to 25th May||£1,499||£974||£1,124|
|26th May to 1st Jun||£1,799||£1,169||£1,349|
|2nd Jun to 29th Jun||£1,499||£974||£1,124|
|30th Jun to 31st Aug||£1,799||£1,169||£1,349|
|1st Sep to 5th Oct||£1,499||£974||£1,124|
|6th Oct to 26th Oct||£1,599||£1,039||£1,199|
|27th Oct to 20th Dec||£1,199||£799||£899|
|21st Dec to 27th Dec||£2,199||NA||NA|
|28th Dec to 3rd Jan||£2,999||NA||NA|
Low Occupancy Discounts:
|5 to 6 Guests||10%|
|3 to 4 Guests||20%|
|1 to 2 Guests||30%|
- Pets £30 each (max 4)
- Hot tub £30 per booking
- Bedroom 1 – sleeps 4 – 2 Kingsize beds
- Bedroom 2 – sleeps 4 – 1 Kingsize bed and 1 double sofa bed
- Lounge – sleeps 2 – Double sofa bed
The lodge is also wheelchair accessible, the shower rooms are also large wet rooms, there is access into the lodge via the utility room with a concrete ramp.
Inside the Lodge
- Entrance / Games room with pool table within large conservatory.
- Large L-Shaped Cathedral ceiling 42ft x 20ft lounge and large dining room off (very comfortable sofa bed), Panasnic TV / Full Sky sports, Movie packages and a sound system for music.
- Fully luxury equipped kitchen with Nespresso coffee machine and large modern gas hob. An extra fridge freezer is in the garage.
- Good sized utility room with washing machine and separate tumble dryer
- Large wet room shower and toilet
- Large bedroom with 2 Kingsize beds and substancial fitted wardrobes
- Large Kingsize bedroom ( sofa bed ) En-suite with wet room shower and substancial fitted wardrobes and large Panasonic TV
- The garage will be accessible to store equipment like bikes and skis, presently.
Outside the Lodge
- Hot Tub
- Barrel Sauna
- Private parking for up to 4 cars
- Large garden curtailment area around this magnificent Highland Home, formerly a barn.
The lodge was built with wheelchair access in mind, there is 2 wet rooms and also a chair which can be used in the shower. There is also have a Free Standing Toilet Frame available. Access is via the ramp into the utility room and there is no internal steps. The cooking hob has also been lowered slightly to wheelchair height.
Walks and bike rides from Mountain View Lodge
Right from the door step you can walk straight into the forest with miles and miles of both walking and biking tracks right across into Glen Feshie.
To Book we require a 25% deposit and full balance 6 weeks prior to arrival.
There is a charge for pets, please add them when making your booking. Rules for dog owners.
- 80% refund on cancellation given 30+ days before arrival date.
- 50% refund on cancellation given 14+ days before arrival date.
- 0% refund on cancellation given less than 14 days before arrival date.
Bookings are placed on provisional and not confirmed until we have received deposit. We also take a bond which is refundable minus the costs of gas and electricity used in your stay if above average use and to cover and damages that may happen.
A perfect retreat ..just perfect!
Arriving at Mountain View Lodge was an absolute delight, it was late in the afternoon and the sun was low and warm still. We wound our way slowly up the track to the lodge so as to admire the amazing views over the Monadhliath mountains the scene was made extra special as we passed the most beautiful mountain hare not at all bothered by our arrival! we didn’t startle the deer either that leaped elegantly from the garden of the lodge as we approached, it had been watching us.
The lodge has everything and really is as good as it looks.. our daughter is in a wheelchair and finding accommodation that is fully accessible is a real challenge for us but Mountain view is fully accessible with no compromise on luxury. That attention to detail makes all the difference so thank you so much to Mark & Sadie and the housekeepers who keep it so beautiful!
We hope to return one day.
Karen, Jeff & Sammy Watt and pooches Skipper the Airedale and Missy the poodle.