Only 10 minutes from Aviemore
This luxury lodge is in a quiet rural setting surrounded by mountains, rivers, wetlands and a vast array of wild life. 5 mins drive from the small village of Kingussie with shops and pubs.
200 year old coach house that has been redeveloped to create 5 luxury lodges with a central courtyard. Prime position with a westerly facing gable window overlooking a small working farm, Insh Marsh and the Monadhliath Mountains.
Osprey Lodge at a glance
- Sleeps 6 + 2 and can accommodate two families with two kingsize bedrooms with ensuite shower rooms.
- On two floors with an entrance hall, kingsize bedroom+ensuite toilet/shower, main bathroom and open plan living space downstairs. Upstairs there is a kingsize bedroom+ensuite toilet/shower, a zip and link twin bed room with the option for twin beds or a super kingsize bed and a large mezzanine landing that has two small twin beds. The mezzanine landing overlooks the living area and can be used as additional living space for reading or playing board games.
- The open plan living space comprises kitchen, dining and sitting areas. The sitting area has 4 seater and 2 seater sofas and a chair as well as a wood burning stove. The dining area has a 6 seater table that can extend to seat 8. The kitchen has a 5 ring induction hob, built-in microwave and oven, washing machine and a fridge freezer.
- There is a fenced garden for play as well as a spacious patio with a hot tub and BBQ.
- The Lodge embraces Danish ‘Hygge’ by being cosy and taking pleasure from the presence of natural materials such as tweed, wood, lamps and soothing lighting. Scottish fabrics in highland colours throughout the property.
- Internet and Sky TV are included.
- Separate bike/ski shed and logs are provided.
- Dogs (max 2) are welcome.
Rates based on 8 sharing
|Osprey Lodge 2017||*7 Days||*Fri to Mon||*Mon to Fri|
|6th Jan to 9th Feb||£1,099||£714||£824|
|10th Feb to 23rd Feb||£1,399||£909||£1,049|
|24th Feb to 30th Mar||£1,099||£714||£824|
|31st Mar to 20th Apr||£1,499||£974||£1,124|
|21st Apr to 25th May||£1,399||£909||£1,049|
|26th May to 1st Jun||£1,499||£974||£1,124|
|2nd Jun to 29th Jun||£1,399||£909||£1,049|
|30th Jun to 31st Aug||£1,699||£1,104||£1,274|
|1st Sep to 5th Oct||£1,399||£909||£1,049|
|6th Oct to 26th Oct||£1,499||£974||£1,124|
|27th Oct to 20th Dec||£1,099||£714||£824|
|21st Dec to 27th Dec||£2,099||NA||NA|
|28th Dec to 3rd Jan||£2,699||NA||NA|
Low Occupancy Discounts:
|5 to 6 Guests||5%|
|3 to 4 Guests||20%|
|1 to 2 Guests||30%|
- Pets £30 each (max 2)
- Hot tub £30 per booking
Things to do:
- Start the day with a coffee in the courtyard which catches the morning sunshine.
- Enjoy a stroll along one of the many nature trails in the RSPB Insh Marshes National Nature Reserve (dogs are allowed on all footpaths), looking out for nesting lapwings, redshanks and curlews.
- Hike along the Tromie River, through woodland to the Tromie Bridge looking out for deer and red squirrels
- See a small working farm with sheep and highland cattle
- Must have afternoon tea and cake at the Inshriach Nursery which is open Wednesday to Sunday between March and October.
- Visit Loch Insh at Kincraig and get a great view of the Ospreys which are resident on the island. Wildlife boat trips tour Insh Marshes and the River Spey. The Loch Insh Outdoor Centre provides a range of watersports as well as some off water activities such as archery and Ski lessons.
- Discover Scottish wildlife at the nearby Highland Wildlife Park which is a 260 acre safari park run by Royal Zoological Society of Scotland.
- Relax in the hot tub at the end of the day, taking in views in the evening sunshine or enjoy the clear skies and the stars
- Other activities include hill walking, golfing, mountain biking, fishing, clay shooting, skiing.