Terms and Conditions for Great Rental Properties Ltd
1.Great Rental Properties act only as agents for the owners of the properties featured on our websites. The hiring contract is between the hirer and the owner.
2.The Hirer’s details may be passed to the local property management company or caretaker for the purposes of preparing your property or provision of guest services
3. Purpose of Hire. The Tenant shall be entitled to occupy the Property for holiday purposes only and this agreement shall not confer on the Tenant any security of tenure within the terms of the Housing Act 1988 pursuant to which the occupation shall be deemed to be by way of an excluded tenancy. The Tenant shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
4. On entering into a booking with Great Rental Properties Limited, we will require the full name, address, telephone number and email address for the lead booker.
5. Rental Period. All bookings start from the time given on the booking agreement and the Property must be vacated by the expiry time on the day the period ends.
6. Where an arrival time of more or less than 3 hours (either side) from the normal check-in time is requested an additional charge of £20 may be implemented.
7. Deposit/Payment. Unless otherwise stated, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the full rental is payable when booking, unless the booking is made within 8 weeks of the hire commencement date, when the full amount is payable. If the full balance is not received by the Agent 6 weeks prior to the hire commencement date, the deposit will be forfeited, and the Property re-let. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your deposit is processed, and your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by post or email.
8. Automatic balance payment. For anyone paying their initial deposit by card, we will then set up a repeat transaction for the balance whereby the system will automatically process the balance from that card on or just after the date due. We use a secure payment system that masks the card at alltimes,and we do not actually hold your card on file. If for any reason the automatic payment does not process, then the balance is due via another payment option and we will inform you via email or telephone.
- Guest Service Fee. A service fee of £30 inclusive of VAT is included in the cost of the rental. This goes towards payment processing and administration of the booking.
10a. Damages & Breakages. The Tenant undertakes to keep the Property and all the furniture, fittings and contents in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the letting. All damage, breakages or equipment failure to the Property or its contents must be reported to the Agent as soon as possible. The Agent will arrange to repair the damage as soon as practical, however there is no guarantee this will be within the period of hire. Damage or breakage caused by act or omission of the Tenant or persons attending the property at the Tenant’s invitation must be repaired or replaced by the Tenant at the Tenant’s expense within 7 days of the cost of repair or replacement being determined and notified to the Tenant. The cost of repair or replacement shall generally be determined within 14 days of notification. Any repair or replacement shall be to the original standard. Should the damage result in another booking being cancelled, the Tenant will be held liable for all consequential losses to the Owner. All breakages are chargeable.
10b. Security / Good Housekeeping deposit. Before your stay we require a security/good housekeeping deposit to be either deposited or pre-authorised on a credit card in case of breakages or damage caused during the stay, or excessive cleaning required following your stay.
10c. Property housekeepers are required to provide a housekeepers report after they attend the property for cleaning, following this we will either release/repay the security bond in full or open up discussions with the hirer to discuss any damages, excess cleaning. No funds will be deducted from the security bond before this.
10. Cancellation. Once a booking deposit has been paid and the booking confirmed in writing, the Tenant is liable for the whole amount of the rent for the period booked.
11.Cancellation Policy: Please note for bookings made from 10/01/2021 the following terms apply
- 6 weeks prior to start of your stay – If notice of cancellation is given more than 6 weeks before your arrival date, your 25% deposit is none refundable, and you will not be liable to pay the balance payment due for your booking. If we can resell your dates then we will refund your deposit less any difference in the value of your booking and an administration fee of £30.
- 5 weeks to 2 weeks before arrival date – 50% refund on cancellation of total booking amount given.
- 0% refund on cancellation of total booking amount given less than 14 days before arrival date.
- COVID Policy – If we are required to close due to COVID restrictions, or you are unable to travel because where you live has restrictions due to COVID then you are entitled to a full refund for your booking. A booking service fee of £30 will be deducted from your refund.
For Bookings made 01/07/2020-30/11/2020 – For any travel dates.
Our insurance policy will cover your booking if for any reason you must cancel between 60-2 days prior to your travel date. Except for the stated reasons below a full refund will be provided on your travel date.
Non refundable reasons:
- Nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- War & terrorism
- Holiday / Cancellation Insurance. Once booked, the Tenant is liable for the complete Property rental costs. As such, it is strongly recommended that the Tenant take out suitable holiday / cancellation insurance to cover costs incurred by unexpected holiday cancellation.
- Availability. The booking is made on the understanding that the Property will be placed at the Tenant’s disposal on the dates agreed. Should this not be possible through fire, theft or other circumstances where the property or the contents have been damaged rendering the property unusable beyond the Agent’s control, the full amount paid by the Tenant will be refunded.
However, note that:
a. No alternative accommodation can be provided;
b. The Tenant will not have any claim against the Agent for compensation or expenses.
- Maximum Occupancy. The maximum occupancy as specified on the property details must be adhered to. If this condition is not observed, the Agent reserves the right to refuse admittance or require that the Tenant vacate the property. In this eventuality, no refund of monies will be due.
14.Amenities. The use of the Property includes use of TV, electricity, water heating, oil heating. Bed linen and towels are also included in the rental and must remain within the property.
15. Pets. If the Property details state that dogs are allowed inside then one to two dogs belonging to the Tenant are welcome on the understanding that the Tenant is totally responsible for their behaviour and well-being, they are always under control, not left unsupervised in the Property and kept off the furniture, including beds. An additional charge will be made for pets to cover cleaning costs. Rules for dog owners.
16. Smoking.All Properties are strictly non-smoking. The Tenant may not smoke within the Property or allow any member of their party or other invited persons to smoke within the Property. Any breach of this rule will result in the termination of the Tenant’s booking and a request to vacate immediately. All monies paid will be forfeited. Smoking is permitted in the outside areas of the Property;however, the Tenant must ensure that all evidence of smoking in the outside areas is removed prior to departure
17. Cleaning. All equipment, utensils, etc. must be left clean, and the Property must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. Suitable cleaning materials will be found within the Property for this purpose. Rubbish is to be deposited into the bins provided. The Agent reserves the right to charge for excess cleaning and for rubbish/recycling left in theNote: It is the Tenant’s responsibility to ensure the safe storage of cleaning materials, particularly in the presence of children.
18. Nuisance. The Tenant shall not cause a nuisance of any kind to the Property or to its neighbours. Pleasebe mindful of neighbouring properties and be conscious of noise
19. Right of Entry. The Agent reserves the right to enter the Property at any reasonable time, with or without notice, during the Tenant’s period of stay.
20. Appliance Breakdown. In the event of a breakdown, the Agent will do everything possible to ensure swift repair/replacement of any appliance provided at the property. However, the Tenant must accept that it may be impossible to deal with every eventuality during the course of a booking period. Where a breakdown is determined to be a direct result of misuse, the Tenant will be required to cover the full cost of repair or replacement.
21. Left Items. The Tenant will be notified of any of the Tenant’s possessions that have been left in the property after it has been vacated. Notice will be made in writing by post or email, generally within fourteen days after the end of the booking period. The Tenant must meet the cost of returning any item and the Agentreserves the right tolevy a charge of £5.00 to cover handling costs. If the Tenant does not wish for the item to be returned, the Agent will dispose of it as necessary but reserves the right to levy a charge for any items which are hazardous or difficult to dispose of. Please note: any item to be returned will be suitably packed but the Agent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage in transit.
22. Security. The Tenant is responsible for the security of the Property for the duration of the booking periodandimmediately after vacation, until such time as the Agent re-enters the Property. The Tenant is expected to take all reasonable care of it. This includes ensuring that the Property is fully secured when leaving it. No windows should be left open and all locks must be secure.
23. Complaints Procedure. If the Tenant is not entirely satisfied with the accommodation offered, they must contact the Agent immediately, and every effort will be made to resolve the problem. If the situation cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties, the Agent will attend as soon as possible to inspect the property. The Agent will not consider claims for problems notified to them after the hire period has ended.
24. Variation to Descriptions. Every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of details on the Agent’s literature, advertising, websites, etc. However, changes to the details may be necessary from time to time and the Agent reserves the right to make any changes without notice. Where changes are fundamental to a booking, notification will be made in writing by post or email.
25. Bookings should be made in the name of the guest unless being made by a registered company in which case the booking can be made in the company name with a note of the guest name along with valid contact details on the booking.
26. Hot tub. Please ensure that disclaimer is returned to us, marked as read. Please ensure you do not use the hot tub after 9pm.
- Covid-19 Specific. If you or a member of your party develops symptoms of Coronavirus during your stay, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible by calling our office on +44 (0)1738 506211 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a different set of procedures that apply in the event of a suspected or actual case of disease at a site that we would need to follow. Government advice if you suspect you have developed the symptoms of Coronavirus is that you should not continue with your holiday but should make your way straight home and self-isolate (the whole group). If any member of your group has acute symptoms, has breathing difficulties, or their life is at potential risk, they should seek medical help immediately by calling 999.
- Where you arrive at the property and subsequently develop symptoms and require to return home to self-isolate, no refund (be it partial or whole) will be payable.
- Should you have to self-isolate in the property you will be liable for any additional costs including (but not limited to); additional nights, cost to move other guests bookings (if other bookings are affected by your extended stay) and admin costs incurred.
Please check your insurance policy for cover.
28. Although cleaning protocols approved by the Government will be followed, and it’s partners (property owners and/or cleaners) will not be held liable for any guests (or members of their group) becoming ill during their stay.